Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Landscape

Listen to "The Landscape" on Spreaker. The landscape. We look at our yards and determine what's required to make it the best it can be. We take vacations to places where the landscape is inviting. There's something about a landscape that puts purpose behind why we hold onto memories. I've never been a fan of that word. To me it's added weight. I learned of this view while staring at a photograph I took of the Grand Teton's in Wyoming. I took the shot by way of pointing the lens at the mirror on the drivers side of the car. I distinctly remember saying to myself, "What purpose does a memory serve if I'm moving in a forward direction?" Choose to live a life positioned in the present is an extremely difficult task and or calling. Knowing where you are now better prepares you for tomorrow. Without having to rely on photos of a past you can't change. Because I'm an artist I've returned several times to my displays on canvas and added new textures only to realize who I was in the moment had nothing in common with the original ambition to express. Memories are no different. Gain the courage to accept the willing way of the present so that you can digest the possibilities waiting for you tomorrow. The Landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment