Friday, January 12, 2018

I Blank...

Listen to "I Blank" on Spreaker. There are certain lines people overuse that bend the rules of belief. I'm truly bothered by bosses and coworkers that use the terms, "You da man or you rock!" Truth is a simple thank you goes a lot farther. Another overused collection of words is, "There are no I's in Teamwork." There's no team either. When you break down the practices that we bring to life each new day "I" has to appear on the map first. No team can be shaped unless the willing way of the "I's" bring their art forward. I see too many extremely creative people deeply injured by this idea that Teamwork is the only choice. Steps are required before Team. It's a community of "I's" Learning to live in the present requires the mind body and soul to understand the existence of now. For now to happen there's a huge demand for "I" to be present. Team building is a great idea. But we fail to look at the individual that's putting them self through the changes and challenges. I actually had a boss tell me "I only care about the person you are when you come to work. Don't bring me anything else." I totally get that. We've got so much drama in our "I" world that it's infecting the Team spirit of process. But not as bad as the team that shows up to the meeting because they were mandated to. I sit watching while meetings unfold. I take note of the "I's" thinking they'd be more productive outside the circle. A community of "I" people wins. I _____. Answer the question ten times. Your winning attitude will locate victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment