Monday, December 2, 2013

Breathe

There should be a written law that states every human should without question be part of a Martial Arts tournament. The strongest doesn't win. The student with the best kick, punch and block doesn't always sit on top with a gold medal wrapped around their head. Learning how to properly breathe wins matches. Life is no different. Tell me which day of the week you least expect to be challenged. What are plans when all things connected change without notice? Breathe. Your strength from the inner core sends out waves of energy others feed off. In Tae Kwon Do we call it the Dawn-jun region. The more I studied the Dawn-jun the more I began to understand the importance of breathing. Your soul isn't in your heart. Its located in the energy maker Dawn-jun. Wear your pants too tight. It affects your moods. Sit too close to a desk where your stomach is bumping up against it. Your breathing is a mess and so is your energy. I will never be a Master at forms and delivery of great punches and kicks. But within seconds I will know if you are breathing correctly. That's how I've won gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment