Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Lottery

Why do we celebrate the end of a year? Were we so tired of the present that we believe the unwritten book will be better tomorrow? Billions of dollars are made by your sacrifices. Building a better body. Cleaning out cluttered closets. Minding more of your own business rather than chasing the tales of other people's drama. We invest our lives and bank accounts in daily lottery tickets. Without ever realizing you win every day. The song featured is titled Especially For You. Coming from my 2002 completely un-perfect cd They Think I'm Weird So I Proved It. John Nagem is on the piano. The lyrics are about second chance and expected change. I see the rebirth of love every day. Couples getting married a second and third time. I bring no judgment. I offer an open palm that simply says, "I was someone before we met, I hold no secrets. Yet there will be times when my heart pries itself free from past pains that you had nothing to do with. All I ask for... is your unconditional love. So we can grow forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment